Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I RODE A HORSE!

Ok so to most of you riding a horse might not seem that exciting, but I have never ever been on a horse in my entire life! Today the group split in half and our half went to Saxiouiman (spelling is so wrong there) and took a tour by horse back through the mountains. It was awesome except for I was terrified of the horse!! I was so scared to ride it because no one explained how to do it!! I told Rafo I was really scared and he made sure I got on the calmest horse and then this Peruvian dude like walked with me the whole way! The terrain was extremely rough and there were tons of holes and rocks on steep hills....everything here is about 10 times more dangerous than I would expect it to be..I am sure my parents will love to hear that one. Even though it was dangerous, I was careful and it was still fun. I was the only one in the group with a guide, but everyone was cheering for me it was pretty funny. I love our group of people on this trip! Everyone is so supportive of one another and there are barely any groups, we all just hang out and it is great.

We finished the horse ride and had lunch at this trout farm....but I had chicken haha yuckkkkk trout! I actually tried the trout and it was pretty good. We went to downtown Cuzco to go to the bank after lunch and let me tell you we met the NICEST guy ever!!! He was a Peruvian guy who had great English and wanted to go to Utah for college and an education in International Trade. He helped us find the bank and was so nice. I have never had such a great first impression of someone in my entire life. The people here are so nice!

 Now we are just chillin for the rest of the day! I am about to go shopping at the Cuzco markets with some of the chicas and then tonight we have dinner on our own and might hit a Peruvian Irish Pub called Paddy's! I am excited to have a chill night with some good people :) I love it here in Peru! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment